Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Veggie Pita

I am including this into our recipe collection because this is just one of my favorite things to have for lunch! You can really use any veggies, fruits, dressings, cheese you like.... the following recipe is generally how I make mine.


Ingredients:

Pita bread {healthy version whole wheat... my version white}
Mayonnaise {healthy version fat free... my version real mayo}
Salad dressing of your choice {I use submarine dressing}
Provolone cheese
carrots
celery
tomato
cucumber
sprouts




Chop veggies into circles to easily fit into pita. Cut pita in half. On one side spread the mayonnaise. Layer cheese and veggies inside pita {my version: half slice of provolone cheese, then 3-4 slices of a Roma tomato, then sprouts {I like spicy sprouts},  then 3-4 slices of cucumber, then I just kind of stuff in the carrots and celery pieces everywhere}. Drizzle with the dressing and eat.






Half of the pita usually fills me up so I save all my sliced stuff for the next day... but there are plenty of times I could devour both... they are that good!

 Dedra

Print this recipe here: Veggie Pita












No comments:

Post a Comment