Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Slow-Baked Kale Chips

I am a big 'muncher' throughout the day... and I love chips! But, let's face it, munching on chips everyday is not the healthiest snack choice one can make *sigh*. So when I discovered Kale chips.. I was in snack heaven! I admit  at first glance I was not totally convinced that they would hold up to the taste of my beloved chips... but they do! Even my veggie hating husband enjoys this green salty snack {that's really saying something, believe me!}. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.

Ingredients: 
4-5 C Kale-roughly chopped
2-3 tsp Olive Oil
Salt to taste


Directions: 
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Place the chopped Kale in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. {The Kale should be lightly coated in the oil}.



Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the Kale evenly.



Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, until Kale is lightly browned and crispy. When done, add salt to taste.


 Place in a bowl and serve/eat just like potato chips...


It's as simple as that! I find myself making these almost daily because I am so addicted... Try it and let me know what you think!

You can print this recipe here: Slow-Baked Kale Chips


 Dedra

No comments:

Post a Comment