Friday, March 29, 2013

Pastry wrapped asparagus

I saw this recipe on pinterest (you will see this allot, I am addicted) and thought OH MY WORD, I love asparagus, I have bacon wrapped them, I have baked with lemon and parm and I have used them in orzo...but seeing these puppies wrapped in pastry dough....I thought YES PLEASE.....the site I saw this on was simplify, live, love...I am not sure if its a website or a blog...I was on my phone and it wouldn't tell me.......SO check her out if you can, anyone creating this stuff, has to have good recipes all over the place....I didn't have time to check her out, I was running to the store to buy puff pastry...too excited about this!

2 sheets of puff pastry sheets
flour for dusting
10 pieces asparagus
1-2 ounces cream cheese
one egg, beaten
2 TBS Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Fold the puff pastry sheet out into a 10" x 6" rectangle.
Cover with cream cheese.
Cut the sheet into 10 thin strips.
Roll each strip around one spear of asparagus.

Brush with egg and top with Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 10-15 minutes. 
 These were awesome, great side dish for a dinner party or a holiday meal...they are just so pretty, almost to pretty to eat!!!  ALMOST........
you can print this recipe here: Pastry wrapped asparagus

Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment