Saturday, May 18, 2013

Red Wine & Garlic Mushrooms

I have NEVER liked mushrooms but they are one of my husbands favorite foods. So one night I made these mushrooms for him and I fell in love with them. We have them all the time now which makes my husband very happy!


Ingredients:

2 pints of whole baby Portabella mushrooms
3 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 Cup red wine
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped
salt & pepper to taste

In a large skillet heat oil and butter until butter is melted. Add mushrooms and saute for about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.



Add wine and gently mix everything together.



Cover and simmer on med/low heat for about 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and continue to simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until sauce has reduced. {I forgot to snap a photo of the desired reduction, but it is pretty much reduced to a very small amount of sauce}.

In the meantime, chop your fresh parsley.




Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with lemon juice and top with parsley. Serve immediately.


 Dedra


Print this recipe here: Red Wine & Garlic Mushrooms


No comments:

Post a Comment